Radio Code for 94 Volvo 940

Our Volvo had to have its antenna replaced so dear husband replaced it then went in to check fuses...... so you all know what happened. I called the volvo dealer with the vin and was supposedly given a 6 digit code....... my

95 has a 4 digit code so I'm not sure I even have right code now. Anyway did the two hour bit got it to say code..... typed it in and get rPE displayed.....so tried again rPE and again now I"m back to OFF. Anyone have any great ideas on how to get my radio to work again? I have a 20 hour drive awaiting me this week without a radio HELP!
Reply to
Kate Pipkin

Don't know what your dealer has given you but it isn't the radio coode. As far as I'm aware Volvo codes are four digits.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

my 93 940t is 6 digets.....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

If the radio has been replaced, then the code will be different from what is recorded against the car's VIN. In this case, get the radio code by giving the dealer the radio's serial number.

Reply to
Mike F

Hi Kate,

I hope you haven't started your drive yet. This might help:

If you try entering the code too many times, it will go to the OFF mode (instead of the CODE mode). Once you hit the OFF mode, you have to wait

45 minutes with the key in the on position and the headlights turned on. After that (long) time, your radio will go back into CODE mode allowing you to enter the code.

This little bit of trickery was in my user manual, and I didn't believe it at first, but it worked.

Reply to
Michael Davie