radio interface for audio device

Hi Everyone, I have a s70 with the sc816 radio. I want to use the sc816 with an external audio source (a palm organizer that has audio output capability) possibly using the capability of the sc816 radio to address an external cd changer device (which I do not have).

I have searched this group using google groups and have not found any articles that address this concept. All I have available is a stereo headphone jack from the palm. So I can get left and right audio and ground to feed to the radio in s70.

I have tried the audio cassette devices, they work but, I am hoping for better audio quality. I have looked into the fm transmitters and that is a down grade from the cassette adapters from what I have read so far as you are limited to the audio qualities of fm broadcast and interference from adjacent stations on the air.

Is it a matter of figuring our which contacts are left, right, and ground on one of the connectors on the back of the radio? Also, how to do the selecting for the audio source. I do want the radio to work properly when the palm device is not in use.

I would appreciate any specific guidance and info. Thanks JR

Reply to
jr

Jerry Gibson

Thanks Jerry, You inspired me to search further, and with more info than I had. It looks like a solution exists, as long as you don't want to use a trunk mounted cd-changer at the same time, as there is only one connection on the back of the radio, works for me I don't have a changer. What I have found is the BlitzSafe vol/aux dmx v.1 it is about $100 it seems. More than I expected to have to spend. Supposed to work, plug and play, not screwing around, come out to rca plugs. simple cable to get to

1/8" mini jack.

I am going to look into a different radio. My sc-816 does not like much (hardly any) cd-r media I have tried. fogetaboutit cd-rw. If I can find a radio-cd with aux input that will handle cdr and cd-rw I can probably live with out the cassette. May not cost much more than the blitsafe adapter thing.

Any> This may provide a solution for you. Crutchfield carries a VolAlp

Reply to
jr