Radios for 92 740?

I ressembled the engine after fixing the key problems that were messing up the timing....started on the first crank, its purrin' like a kitten! Now the only issues are the speedometer, getting the AC working, and the radio (front was stolen). I managed to get the radio itself removed and find that it is a Pioneer DEH P4400. Not a bad radio....the one thing it doesn't have is that it won't play MP3's from a CD-R. I might just buy a whole new radio rather than just replace the front panel, so I can have an upgraded unit that does suport this feature. I think there are other models in the Pioneer DEH- line that do support MP3's. But does anyone know if they have the same connector...so that I can just drop it in using existing harness/connector? They are not standardized, are they, between models/manufacturers?

Thanks, Geronimo

Reply to
geronimo

"geronimo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The radio manufacturers have standardized connectors nowadays, the car manufacturers not. So you need a specific adapter between car and radios. Once you have the adapter in the car, changing the radio shouldn´t be a problem. BTW I stumbled over that:

In case of buying a new radio, think about buying one with a bluetooth dongle. If you want to use your mobile phone (which has to have bluetooth) in the car hands free with least hassle, in my opinion this is the best way.

Regards

Viktor

The e-mail in the header is never read personal e-mail vikwei at gmx dot at

Reply to
viktor weisshaeupl