? Re small amount of oil/grease on engine....

Hello again. I have a 1986 Volvo 240 DL sedan [auto trans] with abou

190,000 miles. My question is that I have a small amount of oi leaking which seems to collect and congeel as grease on the exterio top front/side of the engine just in front of and over and around th front spark plug [right under the volvo name on the engine]. It i obviously a very small leak as I get oil changes every three thousan miles, and even when I check the dipstick just before the next oi change, the oil loss is negligable. However, when the engine warms, small amount of oil smoke does emminate from the stain [although it i quickly sucked away by the fan.] But I am slightly concerned about th possibility of an engine compartment fire due to the proximity of th spark plug to the leak/stain. So my question is where could the lea likely be eminating from based on the posistion of the stain? And wha part needs to be replaced. Someone told me the engine seals are th likely cause, are they possibly correct? And is there a genuin possibility of an engine fire with a leak of this small nature? Than you for any replies and insight on this issue. [btw, i'm afraid to hav the engine cleaned or degreased due to the possiblity of electrica shorts and/or other damage. Should I be?] Thanks in advance

-- wirry142

'6View this thread:

wirry1423