Reading codes and accessing computers on new Volvos?

I'd like to trade my 94 850 turbo wagon for a 2005 V70R, but I need to be able to read an interpret any fault code without a trip to the dealer, like I can with my 94.

Generic OBD-II scan tools only do emissions-related codes, and don't help when it's the climate control that's acting up for example..

VW/Audi owners have this option:

special cable, software, and a library of codes and tweaks for allthe car's computers. Need all-windows-down with a hold of the remotebutton, just change a bit in memory, and you have it. Has anyone come up with a package that will do the same for newVolvos, or will I just have to get my 94 restored instead? To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Reply to
Doug Warner

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.