REAR LIGHT CLUSTER

M.O.T. due soon and some kind soul decided to smash lens on rear light cluster.

Can I buy replacement lenses or do i have to buy a complete unit?

740gle Estate 1989(230000mls)

Any advice would be appreciated

Craig (Scotland)

Reply to
CraiBn

Complete unit, unfortunately. About 35 squid plus VAT from either of these places

Unfortunately neither seem to have many local outlets in Scotland - unless you're in Glasgow - so you may need to add postage to that price as well. Should still be cheaper that from Volvo, though.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

Thanks Stewart, I think I'll try local breakers, need a few things to keep the old beast on the road.

Car has been in the family from new and don't really want to part with it although will probably cost a small fortune!!

Cheers Craig

Reply to
CraiBn

Yehbut the alternative will cost a bigger fortune. If the car is not rusting away, the engine not burning significant amounts of oil, and the transmission is still smooth and not noisy, you'll get a bit more cheap motoring out of it yet.

I seem to remember that there was someone from Scotland breaking their

740 a few weeks ago (paging Stuart Gray?), but I suspect you're too late there.
Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

If you want to buy the complete units try Eurocarparts (around £60 for OEM, £35 for pattern, but steer clear of pattern). That said I have two pattern ones for sale for £15 each as have just obtained two OEM types. They are both less than a year old with no chips or cracks.

Cheers, Peter in South Wales.

Reply to
Peter Milnes