rear torque rod

Hi friends. I have to substitute the rear torque rod bushes of my volvo 240 '93. But there is a problem because the mechanic told me that I have to buy the rods because one bush per road are not 'free'. The two rods cost about 240 euro....too much. The rod is the number 6 on the imagine.

So I ask if it's possible to substitute only the two bushes per road.

Andrea, Italy

Reply to
Andrea1717

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, but you should be able to pick up some torque rods for very little from a salvage yard. Also there are tricks to get the old ones out, you can burn out the rubber and then saw the metal casing if you have to and then it comes free. Be careful not to damage the rod ends.

Reply to
James Sweet

Maybe it's the better solution...pick up the two rods and try to change the two bushes.

Thanks.....

Reply to
Andrea1717