Recent Tire Preferences

Correction to the first sentence: I did a few searches here and could NOT really find what I was looking for.

Reply to
jamiebabineaux
Reply to
Andrew McKenna

Thanks Andrew. I really have no desire to do any type of performance driving. My daily commute to work is all of about 8 blocks and occasionally when my wife gets cabin fever from living in a small town, we embark on the distance journey into Dallas, Texas. There I get an hour and a half of Interstate -- yahoo!

So, I guess I want a tire that is comfortable, fun to drive, not noisy and still offers some performance on the rare occasion I get to actually make a turn over 15 miles per hour.

:-)

Reply to
jamiebabineaux

...almost forgot, the "compelling reason" was that the lower profile tire caught my eye as being really sharp looking, and the description lead me to believe I could have a tire than looked great and is comfortable.

I should know that this is not possible and anyone who can make this happen will gain a fortune making women's shoes.

:-)

Reply to
jamiebabineaux

I have Kumho Ecsta tires on my 82 244 Turbo, 205/6015, and like them a lot.

Better than the Michelin and Yokohamas I had before.

Good characteristics all around for an all season tire, fair price, good wear.

Reply to
zencraps