reinstalling a bumped bumper

My wife's 1993 240 wagon got bumped in a parking lot today, knocking the front plastic bumper cover askew. Looks like someone ulling into the next parking space misjudged and hit the bumper while driving into the space. One of the screw mounting tabs underneath is broken, so the cover will have to be replaced. In the interim, though, I'd like to have it back as close to normal as possible.

On the driver's side, where the bumper was bumped, there is no visible bent or scraped metal. In fact there seems to be no structural damage other than the broken tab under the bumper. There is a sort of "T" shaped plastic mount on the fender behind the bumper cover, which appears to slide into a white plastic channel on the cover. This has been popped out, and there doesn't seem to be a convenient way to put the "T" back into the channel and to keep the end of the bumper from flapping.

Does anybody know the simplest way to accomplish this? Thanks!

Reply to
Tim McNamara