Related Problems?

My '95 850 Turbo Wagon, 200k+ miles seems to have developed two opportunities around the same time;

1) The "are you really that stupid?" ding alarm started ringing as soon as the key is inserted into the ignition. All doors, including the glove box and console, are closed securely. All seat belts, weather seats are occupied or not, are latched. FYI, the back seat is properly folded so that the wagon can be used as my pickup truck.

2) The dash lights come on as requested for about three minutes. Then the lights fade to black. No adjustments to the fader switch or turning the lights on and off will allow the dash to be illuminated again. A day or two later, the lights will return for about three minutes...

So, are these problems related? Are these problems at all fixable without repair bills exceeding the value of the wagon?

Thank you.

Reply to
OUS

The dash lights *fade* to black? Is there ever any time that they're supposed to do that? I've never run into that before, but your car is newer than those I'm particularly familiar with.

Reply to
James Sweet

This wagon does have automatic headlights but I can choose to not use that function. The problem remains with either method used.

Reply to
OUS

Hi,

I am not sure if this is your problem, but we have a 95-850 wagon, GTL (non turbo) and when it is started, the dash lights come on for a few seconds and then go off. This happens when the head lights and parking lights are turned off. I especially notice it when it is in the garage, as the sun light does not get in to make the dash lights, and the radio lights hard to see. Hope this helps, Brad ______________________________________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mystical