Removal of battery 940 Turbo sedan

Hi -

I'm trying to revive a 1992 940 Turbo sedan which has been parked for one year. The battery is dead and won't take a charge, so I want to replace it, but I'm having trouble with its hold-down bracket. I've never replaced a Volvo battery before so I'm not sure how the bracket is supposed to work, but I assume it's stuck. The bracket has a metal rod with a loop on the end, so I assume I'm supposed to pull or lever it to release the battery, but it just flexes and the bracket stays put. What's the trick? Can someone help with a little advice? Thanks!

Reply to
heftone

it un screws...it is threaded at the bottom of the long rod...they sieze up and rust out all the time, i am gussin' you will bave to break it (by trying to un screw) and replace...prob the rod and threaded "reviever" tht sits on the bottom.....its tough to get to w/the battery in place, once removed you will say "duh" there it is....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Reply to
heftone

oh, thats cool it didn't break...the old ones usually do, they are about a $5 part...sometimes hard to find....make sure its nice and dry and lubed b4 re installing...it should be good for another

200,000 miles....... i have 275,000 on out 1993 940t.....i did have to replace the battery hold down thingy........

~^ beancounter ~^