Removing Road Paint

Anyone have experience in removing road paint from the car without removing the car's paint? Car is a blue 2000 Volvo S70 that was waved past a crew painting a yellow line down the middle of the road . As a result, yellow paint was sprayed onto the lower part of the rear quarterpanels behind the rear wheels. This area appears to be some sort of plastic material. There is also some paint on the lower portion of the passenger-side front door, although the front wheel mud-guard caught most of the paint from the front.

Reply to
mdrawson

Rob Guenther

Rubbing compound worked for me.

Reply to
Marvin Margoshes

Call the municipality responsible and freak out until they pay for a repaint.

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:19:36 -0400, the illustrious "Marvin Margoshes" favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp

I have tried Oven Cleaner on my Car and it worked great. Try spraying it on a small area and let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes and then clean it with a paper towel. Try 2 or 3 times for stubborn spots.

Rak-

Reply to
Rakesh