Repairs and Dealers

After reading this group for a while, it seems to me that most of you are interested in performing cheap, Mickey Mouse repairs on your cars and, failing at that, trying to rip off your dealer or mechanic and then complain to the group about high parts and repair prices. You style yourselves as Volvo mavens--didn't you know that Volvo repair is an expensive proposition when you bought the car? The Volvos you keep running with Wal-Mart parts, duct tape and super glue are no longer Volvos, they are a disgrace and should be taken to the nearest junk yard.

Reply to
Bengt

Bengt, while I agree with your general statement. Maintaining Volvo's have become more expensive to repair since most of the current models now use fibre optic's in the wiring scheme and the source of most problems on Volvo and other European automobiles. Hence, Consumer Digests rating of most European automobiles being at their lowest rating for the first 90 days of ownership. I'm an owner of an 02 Volvo and have been a Volvo owner for over

10 years. Volvo has typically been exempt from low cost after-market parts and accessories, but that is changing and will continue to do so as Volvo chases after the younger age market.
Reply to
PA ND FAN

After reading your post, I am convinced that you should go back to your regular group >alt.asshole-factory

Reply to
grtdane63

"PA ND FAN" skrev i meddelandet news:e1Mod.4818$Nh1.3608@trnddc09...

I guess it depends upon where one lives, doesn't it? Just because one person living in one part of the world thinks Volvo repair costs are excessive doesn't mean it's so for another person who lives on the other side of the world. Know what I mean Vern?

Reply to
Jon