Replace fuel filter 82 volvo question

I have the fuel filter which is located on top on the passenger side. The question I have is the procedure to remove it without doing any damage. I was going to start on the side which points to the passenger side. Do I pull up towards the sky or pull down towards the engine.

Thanks mike

Reply to
Michael Mendis

It helps to put the model in the title, many people are expert in particular models. If you don't supply the information atall we can't answer, 'Volvo' is a bit general. Also it not obvious where you are from so we don't know if the passenger side is on the left or right.

-- Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++

Reply to
Tony Stanley

U will need to remove the fuel pump fuse, then start the engine till it stalls to relieve the pressure in the filter and lines. If you dont, you risk spraying petrol everywhere. Gently loosen the fuel lines, then loosen or remove the holder. Then undo fuel lines, remove gently and replace it. Do the holder up and check the fuel lines are tight. The nreplace the fuse, and turn ignition on to pressurise the system but do NOT start the engine until you check for fuel leaks!!!!! When ok, it should start. I believ there is also another filter under the car or in the tank, not sure.

PAul

Reply to
PM

Good tip on prepping for removal, I'll do this next time around! Also don't forget to use the copper washers that come with filter, otherwise it could be a real SOB to loosen next change out. I had an '82

240, the filter was on top driver's side firewall(U.S.), next to brake booster. There was also something called an accumulator right next to the primary pump. The in-tank pump has a flat mesh-like screen attached to the bottom of the send unit.

MW

Reply to
mw156