replacement 240 air filter arrangement

greetings

my 240 runs on LPG (gas) and is inclined to backfire occasionally. This seems to be fairly normal and i've been resigned to the inconvenience it can cause. Before anyone asks, yes the mixture has been carefully adjusted for the best results

well, it did it again yesterday - literally blowing apart the airbox, filter and all the associated plumbing (this was a particularly violent and loud backfire). An expensive exercise this time round

so, i would like to replace the air filter box arrangement completely, so that any further backfires result in less damage. It should even be possible to arrange it so the weakest point is in the connecting hose. This will hopefully help minimise any future damage

my question is, has anyone used a universal hose clamp type filter? I am wondering which particular model is suitable or if in fact the filter specs are that critical in any case

thanks for any info

Reply to
solidac

filter specs arent critical on any car, if it fits, it will work. keep in mind many aftermarket jap-crap cone filters are junk and either dont filter well or are uncleanable

Reply to
bob

yeah i got that info and have installed an aftermarket unit that is at least half decent, and will work better for me, given the situation

thnx for the reply

Reply to
solidac