Replacing battery in keyless remote

We have a 2000 V70, just wanted to check before we do it - if we replace the battery ourselves in the remote for keyless entry it's not going to do something silly like reset the codes or anything like that is it? Is it just as simple as getting a new battery and swapping it, or is there something else we need to be aware of?

Thanks

Reply to
Linda

Well, it's certainly a DIY job with my 1999 V70 (old shape). What does your handbook say?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Just pop the back off and replace the battery. I believe it is a fairly common one so check out the inexpensive sources like WalMart, Target and other large retailers first.

Reply to
Roadie

I went to the dealer because I couldn't find the right replacement battery easily, and didn't want to spend more time searching. The stockroom clerk put the battery in for me, but is isn't a tricky job.

Reply to
Marvin