Repowering

As I was working on my friends car I was thinking , "this would actually not be a bad fit in my 83 S-15 except fo all the electronic stuff. I'd be losing some displacement but then it wouldn't be much and I be getting rid the dirty 2.8 ! I didn't think too much about it until I discovered that the Canadian 21-A used a point ignition and a carburator. The question is : Will the 21-A ignition and manifold fit a 23 ? It looks like the distributor will fit the hole and there is a gear down there , but I'm not sure about the manifold and carb( can rejet if

needed ) I figure I'll get a later 23 with a 5 speed box and cable operated clutch ( S-15 is cable operated) Should be easy , just need to know if the stuff will "bolt on " . Since I live in an "emssions free zone" I can do this . The last thing like this I did was an 1800 into a 70 Mercury Capri. It was a simple swap and proved to be an excellent choice . I drove it for 6 years and never had ANY problems even when I was towing my battery powered race boat with all the attending gear in it( 24-27 mpg ) Thanks for any input , Will

Reply to
will350