Reprogramming computer for power and fuel mileage?

Does anyone who of a reprogrammer that does the following things:

Increase power Allow the computer to be programmed back and forth from "factory" setting and performance settings And if possible: Also give better mpg?

I have seen a few on the market and some seem to say they can / will do the first one but not the second and third.

Thank you,

Michael

M, that's pretty much what the "factory" system's do continuously already. He'd be a rich man whom could program an pre-existing engine management system that increased an engines torque output with less BTU input. Proof of the matter is the ever increasing developement and marketing of VCM. Also, that's the beauty of ASC. It melds the powertrain, chassis and immediate driving environment into the optimum, what more could a ROAD & TRACK reader ask for?

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Reply to
Michael Baldwin

Okay but there are so many reprogramers out there that claim a 40 - 50 horsepower increase and up to almost 100 horsepower increase with a catback system and some other simple modifications.

So lets take this from another angle.... Has anyone used these reprogrammers and had good luck?

Has your mileage gone into the basement?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael asks?

Here's a specific example Michael. I knew a fellow who "chipped-up" his 97' F-350 SuperDuty. New claimed hp was like 400+. As long as my friend kept his foot out of the grill, he routinely netted 18 to 20 mpg highway towing (6 place, v-nose, enclosed sled trailer) at 60-65 mph. However, _ANY_ heavy foot driving quickly dropped his mpg to 11-12. It's kinda cool to see AND hear a 4WD Diesel PU roasting it's Mickey Thompsons off on Main St in SmallTown USA on a hot summer night. (I think those are lyrics from a old John Mellencamp tune) Anyway, a good reprogramming should maintain current mpg rating, UNTIL the nut behind the wheel gets out of adjustment!

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

PS- Friend traded SuperDuty in on new Tundra and has never looked back!

Reply to
Michael Baldwin