Reply to
Perek75

depending on where you are, you might be able to use the roof rack from my '89 240... I'm in Atlanta....

m9876c at yahoo.com

Reply to
Perry Noid

The electric mirror on my 1988 volvo 240 does not work. I can hear it trying to move when i press the button (a sort of click , click) .

How do i pull it apart to see what is wrong with it. Ive taken it off the car but there is no obvoius way to take it apart

Thanks

Reply to
Craig Dunn

Not familiar with the one in the 240, but usually access to the insides requires unfastening the mirror glass. It is usually held with a soft adhesive that has to be cut, and a wire is about all that will get in there. I don't think they were made to be serviced.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

On the bottom side of the mirror is a small oval hole. You need to stick a small screwdriver through that hole and access a 2.5" dia. plastic ring on the back side of the glass. Turn this ring (about .5" on the circumference) and then the mirror glass will come off. It's obvious once you see it. The rest of the mirror is simple to disassemble. However you probably have a broken plastic piece, and will have to buy a whole motor assembly to fix it.

Reply to
Mike F