s-40 hard starting

I have a Volvo s-40. It takes 5-10 seconds to turn over. 1.9 lite turbo.Also, how do you change the plastic snap on fitting on one end of the fuel filter without breaking it? I think the filter may be the starting problem but cant figure out how to get that one end off of it.

Reply to
escdan

Jeff Spenader

Had the same thing w/ my 01 S-40 (100K miles). It was a bad fuel pressure regulator.

Reply to
Lloyd Wells

Now that you said this, I've heard of and seen it too. The fuel pressure regulator leaks fuel down the vacuum hose going to the intake manifold, slowly enough so it works fine otherwise, but enough to have a mixture that's too rich in the intake manifold. Pull the vacuum hose off the regulator after running the car and see if fuel drips out. The one I saw leaked at about 1 drip per minute.

Reply to
Mike F