S40 Windshield wipers won't return

I have a problem with the windshield wipers. They won't return to the original position, and also the interval wipe does not work. Any clues as what could be the problem? The headlight wipers also to not return to the original position.

Thanks, Jesper

P.S. I was just changing the coolant, and it's possible that I came in contact with the cable to the windshield motor.

Reply to
jesper.lind