s60 antenna

I believe all the new Volvo's have it glass imprinted now. - it is much better then those old masts they put on the wagons (sedans weren't so bad, as it didn't make the car effectively 3 meters or so tall).... I think my dad has replaced ours 2-3 times the first year we had our 960 due to it snapping off going into the garage (this was after owning an 89 740 16 Valve which had it glass imprinted; the 93 960 was a nice step up as far as most feautres were converned, but we could never figure out why they went back to a mast antenna for it, not even an option for the glass imprinted type).

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Volvo hasn't had masts on wagons for many years, not the later 245s, all

855s, or all V70s. They all had the an amplified antenna in the side glass in the rear. I don't know about the 400/40 series. The first year they sometimes had problems with the connector. I haven't heard of any such problems more recently.
Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

Hi, "bob" - - -

The antenna on the S60 is located just where Volvo thinks that it should be - inside the rear bumper! It may make for a better appearance, but it makes for marginal (at best) reception. We have this car and a '98 V70XC with its window-trace antennae, one in each of the rear side windows. I feel that they're about equally bad.

As we begin to see some pictures of the new S40, I'm pleased to note that Volvo seem to have joined most of the rest of the industry with the little stub antenna on the trailing edge of the roof, just above the rear window.

We live in the "High Desert" where radio stations are far apart and given most largely to Country Western, etc. If not in the desert areas, we're in the mountains, with their own problems. Our CD players are most useful!

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
Rob Guenther

ok--dumb question--do you haveto removethe bumper to gain access or can you access the antenna from the trunk? We've had crappy reception since getting rear-ended.

Reply to
ADC