S60 AWD

Does anyone have anything to say, good or bad about owning S60 AWD?..Currently own 2003 Acura TL...Love it but garage it all winter and have older Explorer for winters...Getting too expensive to insure 3 vechicles with insurance proces rising...Looking to replace both vechiles with one...

Reply to
apdicenzo

I have a 2004 60R with AWD, and I have nothing bad to say about this car, especially about the way it handles. I drove a 2004 TL and the Volvo kicks it in the weeds.

Reply to
db cooper

Remember, this is just *my* opinion. I can't say anything for ownership, but I test-drove the 2004 Volvo S60R and the 2004 Acura TL, twice each, and I felt like the Acura won every category except for being front-wheel-drive (I also was cross-shopping the 2004 Audi S4). I did love the Volvo's seats, and the concept of the adjustable chassis set-up, but the Acura impressed more overall. I especially did not like the Volvo's rough idle or noisy exhaust. I love the sound of a finely tuned V8 or V6, but the Volvo's 5-cylinder was not appealing to me. So, what did I buy? I'm waiting until September for the release of the 2005 Acura *RL*, which comes with 300 horsepower and "Super-Handling All-Wheel-Drive", all for around $45K. It will also feature the world's first navigation system that takes current traffic updates into your route consideration. I sure hope it's worth the wait... Or else I might wait until January 2005 to see the new Infiniti M45/M35 (with all-wheel-drive) or the new Lexus GS 300 (also with all-wheel-drive)...

Randy

Reply to
Randy S

"World's first" Is that the whole world East coast to West?

Just wondering because my Volvo has a satnav system that has been taking traffic conditions into account for the past year.

:)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Not sure...that's according to Acura's press materials...and when the Volvo saleman showed me the S60R's navi system, he didn't impress me with it... So, I blame Volvo for not mentioning on their website, brochere, and not informing their salesmen...

Reply to
Randy S

I have a 2003 S60 with the RTI sat nav and it dosen't use TMC, although it locates Classic FM as the provider. How did you get this to work? I thought Volvo were still messing about with the agreements from the TMC providers in the UK?

Graham

Reply to
Graham Tavener

Well I didn't say I was using a volvo nav system, I just took exception to the claim of it being the worlds first nav that takes traffic conditions into account!

:)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Non Volvo.

I went for the Trafficmaster Smartnav. The user interface is simply the best and suits my wife right down to the ground.

Single button.

If you want a screen and buttons and enjoy typing in addresses and routes then avoid. If you want to press a button have someone answer and ask where you want to go and then let it all happen, it's the one.

Because there's always someone to talk to, it does make things easy when there's a problem and using it while driving is a non event, try programming a user interface at 70mph and see what happens if you want to change things.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Ugh, the main reason I want Navigation is a current, real-time map....and the fact that I *don't* have to talk to someone about it.... OnStar is available here in the U.S., and is the same thing, basically. I wouldn't pay $1 a month for it. To each his own.

Randy

Reply to
Randy S

I understand what you're saying but question why. Why the desire to look at a map when you should be looking at the road?

Can you safely program when on the move? No need you might say, we have been driving along and become aware of a road problem ahead and only then needed a good route around. No way to program a manual system at

70 mph on a motorway without presenting a serious hazard.

However, a map is a nice novelty and fun to look at but present that sort of thing plus sometimes obscure user interface to some women and the response will be less than enthusiastic! :)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor