S60 cell phone charger

I have a 2003 S60. Has been back to Volvo 5 times because of blowing fuses when i charge my cell phone. They have replaced fuses and changed the wire harness without any success. HELP. Anybody have any suggestions.

Thanks, L

Reply to
Givsed8tiv

Yes, report to the nearest Infiniti dealer and get a G35!

Reply to
Rob Fisher

I suspected that the front cigarette lighter socket was faulty on mine, it would short out and blow the fuse. Visually it looked perfect but after taking the centre console out and isolating it from the loom to test, it was indeed the socket that was shorting.

Of course, intermittent problems magic themselves away on dealer forecourts and I wasn't about to mention that I'd already had the console apart and diagnosed the problem whilst I still had the manufacturer's warranty. It took several attempts to get them to replace the socket (the trick is to make them think that it's their idea somehow) but it's fine now.

Good luck.

Reply to
bweebar

Reply to