S60 or Ford 500?

Our beloved Volvo got squished, and the SO has been shopping for a new ride while I recover from the bumper car incident. I'm not terribly impressed with the crash tests of the S60 and am curious about the Ford 500. Some where I think I read it is built on the same platform as the S60 (?). Have any of you had an opportunity to check one out and if so, care to comment? One thing I'm particularly interested in is the seats. I loved the firm seats and the view in our last two Volvos. Thanks for the input.

Reply to
Wug

The seats in a Volvo are designed by Volvo, those in a Ford are designed by Ford. It's the stuff you can't see that is shared, not the stuff that makes the brand like the seats, materials, etc.

The Ford 500 is much bigger and built on the s80 platform. But that doesn't mean it drives or feels like the s80. Nor does it have the advanced safety features of Volvo.

Reply to
Benjamin Smith

Not sure of the 500/S60 common features, but the other cross platform Volvo/Ford/Mazda car is the V40. It weighs in about 400 lbs heavier than it's Mazda/Ford counterpart, mostly safety features. I can't imagine ANY Ford product being a superior build to a Volvo, in any case. I'd go with the Volvo, but this IS a Volvo NG, after all.

RS

Reply to
Rusty