S60 steering pulley

is the power steering pulley on a 01 S60 removable? it appears to just be pressed on, but it wont come off.

Reply to
duncanville1

it is fairly universal that power steering pulleys are pressed onto the shaft. it takes a quality puller to get them off without damaging the pulley. When I changed the pump on the 906 the Kragen had the puller in the store and they removed the pulley for me free. Some shops rent to tool as well. The pump came with the bolt that is used to press the pullet back on. I believe it is a heat treated bolt, and using an inferior one will probably cause it to break off in the threads. __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.