S60R info

I can't seem to find a 0-60 time on the S60R with the automatic.

Anybody out there have a good link or info for me?

Thanks much

Reply to
Jimmy G

I believe the R series is currently not available with an automatic, (well, not in Europe at least). I guess the new 6 speed automatic due next year will be able to handle the brutal torque of the R, but I don't know for sure.

0-60 is 5.7 secs with manual.

In case you are interested in all kinds of details and comparison data of cars, you may want to check out

-zee

Reply to
8171

Not that it make a difference in the real life, but a the norwegian website says 0-60 mph is 5.4 secs. 0-100 km/h is 5.7 with the 6-speed manual. It didn't say a ting about the automatic, but they are usually about half a second slower from 0-60 according to spesifications on other Volvos. But I think they have assembled i new faster grearbox for S60R. If not, they should have done it.

Couldn't find a american site (in a hurry) with info on 0-60 times, but the link above says that you can buy a 5-speed "Geartronic" microprocessor-controlled automatic for 1250 dollars.

- Leiv Magne Faane, Norway '86 Volvo 244 GLE, B230A, 265000 km

Reply to
Leiv Magne Faane

The automatic required they reduce engine torque to accomodate the auto gearbox, so that will affect acceleration times further. Won't be a slow car tho, but the 6 speed will always be faster.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

My friendly Volvo sales rep says "Do *not*" choose the automatic. We didn't discuss it, but I think it's a matter of choice on U.S. cars, with no difference in price.

Anyhow, he went down to the Bay Area for an S60R day at the Laguna Seca Raceway and reports that the Geartronic box was just fine - once you were well and truly in motion. The accommodations that have had to be made in engine and tranny settings to get them to work together are not good, he reports. He did not report on actual 0-60 time.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble

I wouldn't be surprised.

I believe the various pre-release reviews I've seen in the paper showed lower peak HP/torque as well as 'significantly' slower 0-60 times with the autoboxen.

'Course I think that a manual tranny on a LPT or NA engine would be quite nice as well. None of that gaudy interior treatment and electronic suspension goop :)

- alex

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

Just read a norwegian article about S60R, where they reported that 0-100 km/h goes on 5.7 sec with manual gearbox, and 7.5 sec with automatic gearbox.

Really nice car, but I think I would have baught it with a manual gearbox, that brings me more fun!

- Leiv Magne Faane, Norway

"Alex Zepeda" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@bolt.sonic.net...

Reply to
Leiv Magne Faane