S70 1999, "dISC" error code on trip computer

Hi to all,

In the last 2 to 3 month, right after starting-up my 1999 S70, the trip computer will some times show an error code that reads "dISC" simultaneously with this the 6 black rectangles on the screen are all "on" at the same time. This situation usually last for 5 ~ 10 seconds and then the display turns normal.

After Googling to learn about it, I just found one reference of this stating that this "might" be some dirty contacts on the control knob.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Reply to
Marc B.

That is a very common problem, it is the switch. I don't think it is serviceable.

Reply to
Ron

simultaneously

I too occasionally get this on the display and also other values displaying when the switch isnt in the corresponding position. A few back and forths on the switch usually sorts it.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..