S70 Audio Install - Technical Spec?

Does anyone have any info regarding the technical spec of the audio equipment installed as factory standard in a 1997 S70?

I'm looking for - sizes of speakers, ratings (power, impedance and supply), etc., etc. with a view to doing a complete re-install.

Ta. J

Reply to
John Ellison

On 2/8/04 7:21 AM, in article cejmue$atq$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk, "John Ellison" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

Which model (no, not the S70, the audio/head unit).

Cheers

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

Depends which spec of car you are looking at. Base model and SE (single CD + tape+ tuner) have the power amp integral with the H/U and its approx 20w per channel RMS.

The 3xCD H/U and the dolby pro logic systems have a separate power amp of approx 30w and 50w /channel, and there was an option of a 70w amp too.

All speakers are 6inch 4 ohms AFAIK. The indash tweeters are 16ohms.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

My car is a 1997 S70 CD with the SC-805 head unit fitted. The car has the eight-speaker setup, with two very large units (8" subs?) fitted in the rear parcel shelf.

John

Reply to
John Ellison