S70 clicking sound

A few days ago, I noticed a soft but noticeable clicking sound coming from my 1998 S70 T5. The clicking sound gets faster when I accelerate while in park, and I assume it does so when I'm driving.

Any ideas on what this could be? I have 109K miles, and my timing belt and pulley were replaced at 70k.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
mchiu

An exhaust system leak, loose valve lifter or serpentine belt with a ragged edge can make a ticking sound that would increase as the engine RPM's are increased.

Reply to
Roadie

I have respect for T5 engines and their power .... but to accelerate even while in Park? that's awwwesome......

maybe even better

Reply to
klh in VA

I tend to think of an exhaust leak first. An identifying feature is that exhaust leaks get louder when accelerating and most exhaust leaks (depends on just where they are) get quieter within about one minute of starting the engine.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Yes, I agree it would be the first thing to check for. And they can be difficult to track down.

BTW, Google seems to have died the past 2 days. Message updates are not showing.

Reply to
Roadie