S70 Door Spring Failure - Anyone Else?

No ooooo ooooo. You can fix it yourself easily. You just have to unscrew/unclip the door panel (screws under tiny cover in handle e.t.c, remove handle surround), and then unbolt the door check strap. A new one costs £13 if I remember correctly. My dealer had one in stock, so they must be a common fault !! The new check strap requires some wriggling into place, but it's not difficult. If you're anywhere near Peterborough, UK, I'll do it for free! I replaced mine one lunchtime at work. Don't get robbed for an hour's labour by the dealer! Cheers. Joe. Peterborough UK. V70 TDI 1997.

243,233 miles to date! p.s reply via group in first instance. All E-mail to me get's deleted, except if from those someone in my address book.

Reply to
Joe landy

Weird thing happened tonight - I opened the (drivers side) door of my 1997 S70, to be greeted with a loud "crack" and the check-strap spring failing (it's now rattling round in the bottom of the door). Anyone else experienced this? I suppose it'll mean a trip to the dealer...

J.

Reply to
John Ellison