S70 headlight switch failure

I have a failed switch and am curious as to it is a thing more or less easily replaced? I suspect it is going to be VERY expensive to let my dealer fix the thing so if maybe someone could offer some guidance as to the best way to proceed.

I am reasonably skilled with tools and things,, but far from an experienced Volvo mechanic.

The failure only affects the low beam driving lights and if I press the switch slightly it will turn the beams on. It is something I can live with, but I prefer to have the lights on full time as designed.

Thanks,

Ted S. in Texas

Reply to
Ted Scherbel

There is a service campaign (Recall) pertaining to this complaint it involves replacing the headlight switch call your local Volvo dealer & have your vin number of the car handy so they can check to see if your vehicle is covered

Reply to
G Klein

Check With another dealer there was a service campaign on the S & V 70's I do not remember the number off hand think it was #83 will recheck in the am & post back or maybe Volvo might know the number

Reply to
G Klein

Thanks to all of you. I managed to extract the light switch out the front of the dash and by judiciously applying some engineering with a big paper clip everything is working perfectly.

All this free advice saved me about $150 and a long drive to the dealer.

Thanks all....

Ted

Reply to
Ted Scherbel

And it really breaks my heart to hear that I may have helped take some money out of a dealer's pocket....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Reply to
Mike F