S70 kerb weight

Could someone tell me the kerb weight of a '98 S70 2.5T 20v CD Auto please.

Reply to
Artleknock

Not exactly - but it's going to be somewhere between 1400 and 1450 Kg.

Reply to
Roger Mills

So I have been told before, and I didn't believe it. The handbook says the weight is found on the registration documents, and it is not. The S70 feels much heavier and more solid than the Mondeo I used to drive, which is the same weight.

Reply to
Artleknock

Well, the figures I quoted are based on the 1999 brochure - although that isn't specific on engine/transmission/trim variations within the range. It gives the *minimum* kerb weight as just under 1400Kg - so the range I quoted should cover your model.

It may just be that the body is stiffer than the Mondeo - but it doesn't necessarily have to be *heavier* in order to achieve that.

Reply to
Roger Mills

The feel of a car has much more to do with body stiffness and the setup of the suspension than it does the actual weight. My 740 feels much heavier than my friend's Subaru but it actually weighs a bit less.

Reply to
James Sweet

855 TDI - year 1997

Been on the truck weight scale for curiosity.

1610 kg (with about 30 litres in the reservoir)
Reply to
HAL9000F