S70 - New Warning Light

I see a new warning light on the display of my 1998 S70. It's an orange square, with a green triangle, with symbol that looks like a Lambda (or a fallen "T").

It's not listed in my manual. It came on last week during a really cold spell (-25 deg Celsius). What is it and was it in any way triggered by the cold?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Stock

It means the engine management has detected a fault. Possibly due to a sensor going slightly out of tolerance during the bad weather.

Have the code read by someone who has a OBD scan tool and / or dealer to determine whats up.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

That's the lambda light (which is why it looks like a lambda of course) which is the US "check engine" light. Us neglected guys in Canada get US manuals, but international symbols. You need to go to a garage that has an OBD-II code reader, which should be just about every place these days.

Reply to
Mike F