S70 thermostat

On a 1998 S70, when you replace the thermostat, I see there is a rubber gasket that fits around the thermostat itself, but is that it?

Is there another gasket for the housing...(don't see one).

Do you just brush off the corrosion and replace the aluminum housing....or do you use some blue rtv?

THANKS

Reply to
Michael

That's it just very gently clean the surfaces

Reply to
Glenn

Glenn, (or anyone)

I drained the cooling system really well on my 98 S70....(bad radiator, alot of "chocolate shake" in there).

It's really running clear now.

I disconnected the bottom radiator hose and fed the water through the thermostat opening for a few hours just letting it run on the driveway.

Like I say ALOT of gunk passed through.

So, now I'm going to replace all the (4) hoses and eventually replace the radiator. The overflow tank looks brand new from cleaning.

I didn't open the engine drain c*ck when I flushed but from what I've read it doesn't make much difference? You don't get much out of there?

Is that true?....will I be ok?

Thanks !

Reply to
Michael

Also ran plenty of water through the main fill inlet which connects to the overflow tank.

Reply to
Michael