S70 windshield fogs up

For some reason my S70 windshield is fogging up like crazy. When I put on defrost mode (which switches A/C on) it actually makes the problem a little worse for a while (like good 10-15 minutes). I started to wipe the windshield, but again, that does not help much, especially if A/C is running on defrost.

Checked the floors in the car - they are dry. Someone mentioned that I need to check that my A/C outlet (the place where the water is released) is not clogged, but I have no clue where that is (checked my Chilton guide)...

Any idea why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Reply to
Henry n

You may have a leaky heater core, does the engine lose any coolant?

The AC drain is a good thing to check too, unfortunately I don't know where it is on your car either.

Reply to
James Sweet

Make sure it isn't in "recirculate" mode.

Reply to
Leftie

"Henry n" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@k32g2000prb.googlegroups.com...

I had once the same problem, when the pollen filter apparently was flooded because of clogged water draining outlets ib the area under the screen. It took some time until the incoming air had dried the filter. Another symptom then was also that when taking in air from outside, the air stream from the jets inside was much weaker than usual. After opening up the clogged 2 draining hoses the problem was gone. Franz47

Reply to
franz47

"Henry n" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@e37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

I have an 850 TDI station wagon, so I am not sure about the position of the filters in the S70. Here they call the air intake filter also pollen filter, so I used this expression. Yes, it is under the hood in the area between lower border of the windscreen and the barrier to prevent water go into the engine compartment. There is a lid, which can be removed, therunder the pollen filter. The draining hoses are attached to two draining holes right an left where water drains to from the screen. Pouring a bit of water should show the way where it wants to go to find the holes. Several times a year I have to open them because they get clogged by debris.

Have you tried

? There might be useful info on your car there. Franz47

Reply to
franz47