S80 2.5D Tech Help

Hi,

I have a 2000 S80 2.5D (5cyl not D5). The wishbones/ball joints on both sides have gone (knocking on rough ground) and the Discs/Pads need replacing.

This is the first time that I have worked on this car and was wondering if there are any gotchyas for performing these tasks and if there is any specific advice anyone can offer as I do not have a haynes manual for this car!!

Thanks

Reply to
Robbo

Nope not really, other than the retaining bolts and nuts should only be torqued up with the weight of the car on the wishbones, i.e. NOT jacked up hanging free.

Also you will need a full alignment check / adjust after, so free off the steering arm lock nuts whilst you are working on it !

Reply to
Tim..