S80 Drivers door lock - buzzing?

Just recently my drivers door lock started buzzing, like a gear may be stripped when I try to close / open it, but it works - at least so far. I'm sure there is a gear that drives the lock up and down? but it does seem to work. When you even open the door, you hear this noise, like a buzzing..

Any ideas?

Reply to
Scott C

The Door Lock Motor is no good & needs to be replaced the part is not that hard to change if still under warrentry return to the dealer for the repair if out then choice is yours to repair Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Thanks, not under warranty for sure.. any ideas how to get the door panel off? I usually end up breaking something - like plastic door holders that attach the panel to the metal part of the door.

sc

Reply to
Scott C

Mike F