SC-805 audio system in recent V70?

Hello Volvo Experts,

I am planning to buy a second-hand V70 of 07/2002. The car has a fairly basic specification with only manual climate control, no cruising control AND to my surprise a SC-805 head unit instead of one of the HU-x03 series, standard in the V70 since 2000.

My question is that have you heard about any limited series of V70 with SC-805 officially? Was that possible to order V70 config from the factory with SC-805? As I have learned, each head unit has a built-in equalization, which is specific for the car, and to my best knowledge the SC-805 has such equalization, which is undefeatable by the user. Is it possible that this SC-805 originated from another car (old S/V70, S/V40 or C70), therefore has wrong equalization? Does anyone of you has experience with SC-805 in the recent V70 series?

Thanks in advance.

Gyula

Reply to
hunyor.gyula

How does the radio fit, its front is not at all like the HU units?? I bought a used SC901 for my 850 a year ago and was very dissapointed about the sound until i learned about the equalizer. Mine was set as a C70 and there was way to much treble and no bass. I adjusted it manually so it now sounds just perfect.

If you look in the manual that comes with the car, there is a description of how to control the stereo, there you get an idea of which models could be installed from factory.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

Hi Niels,

The SC-805 is installed seamlessly into a 2-DIN-sized slot of the mid-dash. Indeed it seems to me factory-installation, and not some aftermarket adapter, since it is on one unseparated face panel with the climate control.

Unfortunately the SC-805 has hard-wired custom curve, and not adjustable as the SC-901.

Gyula

Niels Bengaard wrote:

Reply to
hunyor.gyula