scary blown fuse, '92 240

It's the fuse that runs the dashboard lights and the parking lights. It blows instantly and "with gusto"!

Where to begin? ANyone heard of this issue?

-jeff

Reply to
Handywired

First thing I'd check is the wires to the light bulbs that illuminate the oil pressure and volt meter if installed. Next look at the wiring to the dimmer control for the dash lights.

If that's good then look under the hood at the wiring to the parking lights, a wire may have chafed and shorted to the body.

Reply to
James Sweet

Connect a 12volt bulb on the connections where your fuse blew up. The bulb will light up because of the short circuit, when you find the wire that causes the short circuit the bulb with go out.

Reply to
Martijn

I've found the most common place for dash light fuse blowing problems is with the wire that sends power to the lights for the seat belt buckle. The constant movement of the seat wears the harness through somewhere under the seat.

Reply to
Mike F