Screen washer poser

The windscreen washers on our S40 have stopped working. On examination, I find that the T-piece that splits the water between the two outlets has a red part with a hole in - and the water's just squirting out under the bonnet. Has some kind of mount come loose, and why on Earth does the T-piece have a hole in it?

M.

Reply to
marcb

In article , snipped-for-privacy@compuserve.com by marcb dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,

The t fitting is junk. The red section is a check valve that keeps washer solvent in the lines going to the washer jets. Replace the T fitting with the later version filter T fitting available from Volvo.

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench