SeaFoam cured my chronic "first start and die" problem

I bought my 1985 245 Wagon last month and after a good under the hood inspection and fixing up, she started and ran well, except for the chronic first start of the day and die syndrome. It stalled right after start up or when first put in gear. Second crank was always fine.

Well, I filled it up with 89 Octane gas, poured 1 pint of SeaFoam in the tank and after about 100 miles, the start and die is gone!

It worked the other morning at 31 degrees F and again this morning at

50F. It's working fine at lunch at about 70F.

The engine idles better, too.

I sucked a can of SeaFoam through the brake hose on my 1987 740 and the fuel as well. I'll hold off on the engine of the 245 for now. Or, because I am about to swap out O2 sensors this week, maybe I should de- carbon the engine.

Thoughts?

A- It ain't broke, don't fix it? B- It won't hurt to clean it?

Reply to
Jamie