SeaFoam -- who's blowing smoke?

Well friends, neighbors, countrymen, -- and even Volvo owners up in Poland:

Let me tell you about Seafoam. I used it once on a boat motor and today was my first time in a car. So - reading about the smoke and panic it causes and people calling the Fire Department, I drove 20 miles out in the countryside of Northeast Texas looking for a place with nobody for miles.

I drove and drove, always finding a house or cars or people. So I drove more. I felt like I was either trying to bury a body, or looking for a place to park when I was a teen with my girlfriend. You know when you want solitude and it's nowhere to be found? That was me.

Then I found a little spot on a country road in a field. I pulled over, opened the hood and got the brake vacuum hose ready. I poured 1/2 can of Seafoam into the hose, reconnected it, started the car and in a large puff of smoke and hesitation I turned off the engine and waited.

15 minutes, standing in a field in the middle of nowhere - feeling like you are doing something wrong is a long time.

What would I tell the police if they came?

The owner of the land?

I guess the truth -- it's an innocent enough thing I am doing.

So, for 15 minutes I planned it out. I checked the wind direction and speed -- it was blowing right across the highway. Oh no - I could cause an accident.

How long should I stay before I leave in case someone calls the fire department thinking there was a grass fire? We are in a drought here.

Finally, 12, 13, 14 minutes -- I can't wait 15 so I am going to start the car.

VROOOOOM!!!!! Here she goes!!!!

Wait. Where's all the smoke? What happened? A midget smoking a cigar could puff out more smoke that what my car is doing. What happened?

So, I put it in drive, got on the road and saw a little smoke coming out -- but not the smoke of an F-16 fighter jet doing maneuvers at a stunt show. Not even as much smoke as Cheech and Chong driving down the road in their van smoking enough weed to get Los Angeles high.

Where was my smoke?

So, I drove 15 miles home -- feeling a bit let down. So, I poured the other 1/2 can in the car and let it sit 30 minutes this time. I ran the car in the driveway and made some decent smoke this time -- but not "call 911" smoke.

I think in the end my engine did loosen up some -- but not dramatically. I did discover an exhaust flange leak because of the smoke.

I poured another 1/2 can in the fuel tank and 1/2 can in the oil crankcase. Maybe if I am lucky I'l clean the injectors and maybe clean a few parts with the oil treatment. I plan on changing my oil tomorrow anyway.

Sorry Tonto -- I tried to send you the signal but I'll understand if you didn't get the message.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Your car was relatively clean.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

I am thinking that a few months ago when we had the engine apart to machine the crankshaft and replace the main bearings, I noticed that one of my fuel injectors was leaking into the engine.

I think this contributed to worn bearings by thinning the oil, and I think it cleaned the engine. I wasn't sure about varnish build up, though.

I am hoping that the treatment did some good, especially in the injectors and oil. I think I am noticing a better idle and smoother sound.

Thanks, Jamie

Boris Mohar wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

Jamie....whats the procedure to do the outboard motor?

thanx...

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^