Seat heater bust on 1994 850

Anyone know how I go about fixing the heating system of the driver's (leather) seat? The fuse is ok, so does that mean the heater element needs replacing? Heater on the other seat is fine.

RL

Reply to
Ray Laughton

There was a safety recall for the seat heater in the 850. May want to contact your favorite dealer.

Joe

Reply to
jdunville

The recall only affects heated seats which are still working to prevent them breaking - if it's already broken it won't be fixed - can't see how they get out of that one to be honest! Any lawyers out there care to comment?

AB

snipped-for-privacy@nospamcomcast.net wrote:

Reply to
AB

Check the wiring at the thermostat below the seat, the wire often breaks.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

The problem is overheating of the wiring under the seat, not the heating element itself. So the problem fixes the wring under the seat, if anything else is wrong, the seat heat will still not work. And the original poster's car is not in the range for this recall anyway.

Reply to
Mike F

Will do, thanks.

RL

Reply to
Ray Laughton

I'll check it, thanks. The other seat does get very hot BTW.

RL

Reply to
Ray Laughton