Secondary air pump on 1997 850 GLT?

The check engine light came on and the shop tells me it's due to the secondary air pump in the emission control system wearing out? I can't seem to find this part anywhere on the internet, nor is it mentioned in the Haynes manual. Can anyone tell me more about this? Maybe I just heard him wrong.

Thanks.

Reply to
Anon

It's an electric pump, (electrolux, of course)below the battery tray and behind the bumper. Replace the relay and the control solenoid as well. Inspect and relocate the intake hose(pipe) to the pump to prevent it from sucking in water again.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Dietz