Security system battery drain ???

With the 2004 V70 the security system is armed when the doors are locked. Will this eventually drain the battery? How long will it take? I sometimes have to leave the car for 3 or 4 weeks without starting. Will the battery run down in this time?

Bill

Reply to
Flagelator

I don't know about the current V70, but my 1999 (old shape) V70 was parked in a car park near Heathrow for 6 weeks while we were in Australia - and started first time on our return, with no obvious battery problems.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

5 months sitting in the driveway. it took about 15 seconds to start, but the battery did just fine. 2002 model, with 6,000 total miles. don't be concerned about the battery running down (imho).
Reply to
wah