Selling Cars in Texas : What are the rules?

We have an old volvo thats not being used in a storage location. I want to get rid of it. It runs, but the battery id DOA and it needs the gas drained and changed out.

So, what am I up against doing a private party sell to someone who wants to fix it up? RIght now, its as good as a pile of junk. Someone who knows, what do I have to do to sell this car for maybe $400.?

Taxes, procedures, etc. please.

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey12

James Sweet

If you post the exact model and year, you may get a buyer from this newsgroup.

Reply to
Leftie

If the title isn't in your name, things will be more complicated. Your best bet is to call the DMV and ask.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

What a joke that is. The title office of the DMV looks like its run by a 3rd world country. Its horrible.

Reply to
Tracey12