Semi Starting Trouble

Our 1994 Turbo wagon sometimes has trouble starting. What I notice the problem to be is the shift lever (automatic) or shift cable. Sometimes if I rock the car back and forth it seems to 'lock' in park thus allowing it to start. Or the problem is that when I shift to park, its really not all the way in park, thus not allowing me to start. It usually does eventually start after 5 minutes or so if moving around.

Is there any adjustment I can make, or do you all think that this is a bigger problem. I remember reading a post saying to move the shifter from "Park" to "L" several times to clean the copper contacts...but this sometimes doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
S. Nash

Perhaps it's the PNP switch that starting to go?

Reply to
Conrad Edwards