Service Light, '05 XC90

We just had the 30K service on our '05 XC90, but the dealer apparently failed to disengage the service light which has just now kicked in.

The dealer is 60 miles away, so if anyone can tell me how to disengage the service light (it's a computer message as well as an amber light on the dash), we can save ourselves the run, and that would be appreciated.

Thanx.

Reply to
mdrawson

Unfortunately, as countless others before you have also discovered, the service light can only be reset by the dealer with a special OBDII controller -- the good news is that it's just an annoying little reminder light and it doesn't mean much of anything (at this point, since you have already had the service), but the bad news is that you're going to have to make that trip again.

Reply to
Robert

What I was afraid was the answer.... I guess we'll be off and running next opportunity. That light is a pain even tho it's only only for a couple of minutes --- but when it is, it blocks out any other information. So, we'll git er done at some point.

Thanx

Reply to
mdrawson

Step 1:) Press the trip reset button in & hold it Step 2:) Turn the key on to position 2 wait until the yellow triangle flashes turn key off & then start car service reminder message will be off

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Glenn, when you refer to the trip reset button, is that one of the odometer trip counters (there are two on this car), or the reset button on the stick that controls the computer read-outs?

Reply to
mdrawson

The trip reset

Reply to