service light reset

I have a 2003 c70 and just had my oil changes. They forgot to reset the service light. Does anyone know how to do this on the c70?

Reply to
hgold2

I'm not sure which procedure will apply to you:

Turn the ignition to the "I" position (accessory) hold down the trip meter reset button, and while holding it down turn the key to position "II" (don't start), and continue to hold the reset button down until the service light begins to flash.

The reset procedures for 01 are similar but slightly different for 02. Look at your odometer/trip meter display. You will note the text "T 1" or T 2" There are 2 trip meter modes, and to toggle between T 1 and T 2, you press the trip reset button briefly. That said, it must be in T 1 to reset the service reminder. Start with the key in the accessory position. Press and HOLD the trip reset button and wait for the mileage to reset to zero. While still holding the button, switch the ignition to the run position, and watch for the previously displayed mileage to return. When it returns, release the reset button, and switch off the ignition. Service reminder is now reset.

Reply to
Mike F

Is there a similar sort of procedure to reset the service light on an S40 T4

1998 (Phase 1)?

All replies appreciated

GV

Reply to
JB007

No, you need an electronic tool for 1996-1998 models.

Reply to
Mike F

Volvo has actually issued a service bullentin for this:

8880004 OCT 03 Reset service light on Volvo models '96-'98 without using OBDII equipment

Special Materials: Black electric tape, scissors Method:

  1. Diassemble dashboard according to DM 342.12-1
  2. Apply appx one square of black tape on top of service light
  3. Assemble dashboard according to DM 342.12-2 Cautions: Do not remove the service light bulb. This will interfere with the control lights diagnistics system, and cause a faulty error signal.

Hahahahahahah..... Its friday, byebye :-)

/Patrik

Reply to
Patrik